Spectators can now view action live!
ARNOS VALE, ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES – Spectators will get to see the Vincy Premier League (VPL) action live at the Arnos Vale playing field from Sunday, May 24, 2020. This was confirmed by the SVGCA Inc., organizer of the VPL, following the approval of the National COVID-19 taskforce. There will be a limit of 100 spectators facilitated at the venue.
Day one and Day two were played in a closed stadium because of concerns for social gatherings. In correspondence to SVGCA Inc., the Taskforce had stipulated that consideration for spectators in the tournament would be given when the management of the players was regularised. This was to be assessed against a comprehensive protocol. The new development is an indication that the COVID-19 taskforce has approved the management of the players on the opening days of the tournament.
Denis Byam, 2nd Vice President, SVGCA Inc. admitted, “it was vital that we validate and establish the COVID-19 protocol for the VPL and set a safe environment as the standard for the entire tournament. Notwithstanding, having spectators at the matches is a welcome feature for the tournament. Still, we must continue to practice the same responsibility and discipline as evident in the first days of the tournament.”
The 3rd round of the VPL takes place tomorrow, with the first of three matches starting at 8:30 AM. The entry fee for spectators is $30.
Protocol for spectators include but not limited to:
- Spectators will be required to wear a mask, which will be provided on entry.
- Patrons must stand 3 feet apart when purchasing tickets at either the cricket office or the stadium’s ticket booth.
- Temperature checks on entry.
- Spectators will be 5 seats apart.
- There will be no bar at the venue (Spectators are allowed to bring hydrating drinks).
- Different Entry and Exit points.
- No more than three persons in a restroom
- Hand sanitizing stations
For all updates on the VPL, go to www.vincypremierleague.com